I have been blessed with not one, but TWO Liebster Blog Award Nominations! I was originally nominated a while ago and procrastinated (still haven’t dropped that habit from college) with my acceptance. Then, the other day, I received another nomination!
My socks have officially been blown off.
Not only is it amazing to be nominated for an award, but it just so happens that two of my favorite bloggers made the nomination and I feel so lucky!
The first is How NOT to Kill your Parents. She’s hilarious, an over-achiever, and wonderfully honest about what it’s like to live an adult life with multiple generations in one home. Thank you so much for reading and nominating my blog!
My second nominator, Homemade Sarcasm, is one crafty gal and will wow you with her adventures in DIY, blogging and life! She inspires me with her creations and I feel so lucky to have her as a reader!
Now, let’s get down to business. What is this Liebster Blog Award anyway?
Well, it’s more of an acknowledgement, really. Nominees answer questions crafted by their blogging nominator and then pass the love along to their own list of nominees. It’s a great way to spread the blog love for those that you enjoy with fewer than 200 followers. Introduce your readership to your favorites and make it known that you love their words!
Liebster Blog Award Rules in a Nutshell:
- Thank the person that nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions that they asked you in their nomination post – I picked 6 questions from each nomination as to not bore you
- Nominate 11 other blogs
- Ask your nominees 11 new questions
Questions from How NOT to Kill Your Parents:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I’ve been a writer since about the 4th grade when I got my first diary. I wanted something that would help me focus my writing and turn it into an actual craft rather than a form of journaling.
2. What is your “guilty pleasure” reading?
The Hunger Games. I’m a really slow reader and it actually discourages me from reading new books, but when I started the Hunger Games trilogy, I devoured them in like a week. It’s embarrassing how much I loved books that were written for 14 year old girls.
3. What’s one thing you did that you would never, not in a million years, let your own kids do?
Oh boy, that’s a great question. I’m very quickly realizing how awful teenagers are (and how awful I was when I was a teenager) so…everything?
4. What has been your most ridiculous Halloween costume?
The girl scout. As a senior in college, I wore my actual girl scout uniform from elementary school. It was much smaller than I remembered…
5. What is the one inanimate object in your life that you simply could do not without?
Opie. He’s a stuffed penguin. I sleep with him every night. It’s starting to get embarrassing, but I love him so much that I don’t care enough yet.
6. What activity do you do to de-stress?
Engage in hysterical panic attacks. Or write. Or exercise.
Questions from Homemade Sarcasm:
1. What did you answer, as a child, when adults asked you what you wanted to be when you grew up?
Always a Marine Biologist. I got all the way to duck biologist and quit the game. I’m a desk jockey now.
2. If you were stranded on a desert island, what are your 3 most important things to have?
Unlimited supply of fresh water
3. What is your favourite movie genre?
Comedy. Laughter just makes life better.
4. Your least favourite?
Horror. I can’t even watch a preview. I just cower in the corner with all the lights on for a week afterward.
5. If you could only complete one more project, what would it be?
I would write a book.
6. What is your favourite cooking/baking ingredient?
Butter. I try really hard to make healthier recipes with yogurt and almond flour and coconut oil, but butter is just the most delicious thing in the whole world.
Enough about me! Let’s learn about even more awesome blogs! I’m proud to share my love for the following 7 blogs by nominating them for a Liebster Blog Award:
1. Leaner by the Lake – A super fun, versatile, and awesome blog! Learn about clean eating, youthful adventures, relationships, and more!
2. The Other Courtney – An honest look at daily life with lots of humor mixed in.
3. Celebrate We Will – Join in on a baby adventure! Pregnancy, marriage, and long beach – could there be a better combination?
4. Good Hazel – Crafting, cooking, nursing school, careers and a baby!
5. fitREform – To quote the blogger herself, “An everyday girl’s journey to reform her life through fitness and health.”
6. Russell Conroy Photography – Beautiful pictures. Beautiful man. This is my very own shameless plug for Mr. Rathroy.
7. Flour & Hops – Cooking, baking and drinking. Need I say more?
And finally, the last piece in this crazy chain-letter-like award: The 11 questions that I would love my nominees to answer:
1. Why do you blog?
2. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
3. Which song can make you start dancing immediately?
4. What is the achievement you are most proud of?
5. If you could give your 16 year old self a piece of advice, what would it be?
6. What location is top on your vacation list?
7. What is your favorite thing to do outdoors?
8. If you joined the circus, what act would you perform?
9. Nap or no nap?
10. What item/experience would you or do you splurge on?
11. What makes you smile every time?
Remember that there’s no obligation or time limit. I’m passing the Liebster Award to each of my nominees because I want the whole blogging world to know how awesome they are! I am beyond grateful for my nominations! Even Piper got so excited that she had to take a nap!